One year ago, today.
“A tribute to Sandy Hook victims.” January 17th, 2013. The Appalachian #29. #30 overall.
Please “like” it at its original link (http://www.bit.ly/Ye5CZ6 ). Please also like, share, and/or comment here! Thanks so much!
I did this cartoon as a 1-month tribute to those who died in the Sandy Hook shootings. What strikes me most about tragedies like this, are the simple things. The birthday party the child will never be there for a again, the graduation that was never seen, the first date, learning life lessons, seeing the child grow up.
I am not disregarding the pain of those who lost family members who weren’t children. All of it is hard for anyone to deal with.
In this cartoon, there is more to talk about than just the sadness of the tragedy. I urge you to look deeper into it and the list of names. This cartoon is as much of a tribute as it is a statement
24 Notes/ Hide
- keepingupwithmexx reblogged this from andrewdavidcoxartist
- keepingupwithmexx likes this
- localpunk likes this
- redpaintballer94 reblogged this from andrewdavidcoxartist
- mustafasmith likes this
- misty-doe reblogged this from rainn57
- lovesingsmile101 reblogged this from andrewdavidcoxartist
- kaylee2900 likes this
- jinxx88 reblogged this from rainn57
- rainn57 reblogged this from andrewdavidcoxartist
- geramer-gnatzi likes this
- grimchuckler reblogged this from andrewdavidcoxartist
- grimchuckler likes this
- idratherfood likes this
- littlestlivi likes this
- cyber-hobbit likes this
- firestar230 reblogged this from andrewdavidcoxartist
- firestar230 likes this
- jessnm97 likes this
- stephyymahone likes this
- seeyouathacrossroads likes this
- galactic-pancake likes this
- ohanasmilelive likes this
- lovecuteness123 likes this
- jenisntcreativeenoughtomakeaurl likes this
- bullsinthehorizon reblogged this from andrewdavidcoxartist
- lunalove29 likes this
- andrewdavidcoxartist posted this